February ...I can feel it already. This month is the beginning of the end of winter! Winter is wonderful..each season is special to me.
It's not that I feel the need to rush the seasons....there is still some skiing and skating that Biff and I want to do with our family. Here are my thoughts on why its no fun to wish our Connecticut winters away:
1. The reflection of the sun, which has crept slowly into our days, has given me that awesome feeling of basking in the sumptuous summer sun.
2. It's the daylight, the clear sky at night with spectacular clusters of stars dancing in the heavens.
3. The sweet sunsets with pinks and blues and perwinkle sweeps across the sky.
4. The air I breathe feels so pure and cold and clean.
5. Cherished memories of winters past.
This is the beginning of the end of my winter. One day at a time as they say.
When does your winter end? When do you consider it to be Spring? It's fun to think about what signs are out there in our world that are little landmarks in our days, months or years.