Thursday, March 31, 2011

Midnight Lacrosse Laundry


Long story that was list in cyberspace just moments ago.

Serioiusly? Not kidding. About 11pm,  T.J. came into the family room and says……"Oh, mom…could you just toss all of my lacrosse pads and stuff into the dryer….now…tonight? Dad says if you just put them in the dryer with a couple of towels they will be o.k."

 When these words come out of your child's mouth…."Oh mom, could you just.." RUN! RUN FAST and don't look back! These words are never followed by…
1. give me a hug?
2.  take more time to sit and chat with me more often?
3. sit down while I do that for you.
4. put your money away, I'll pay for it.
5. let me finish my homework? Please!
6.  let me clean my room now?
7. let me walk the dogs?
8. Put down that kitty litter, I'll clean up after the kitties.
9. hand me that vacuum?
10. let me mow the lawn?

Oh mom, could you just…….never has an easy ending!

It reminds me of my friend's dad, Joe O.
A long time ago, he taught us that these words usually come with a bad ending. Here they are:
"BY THE WAY….."

It has always rung true. Over the years, it seems that Joe O. knew what he was talking about.
"By the way, …":
1. You're fired
2. We have to talk
3. I want to break up

I think that's enough. You get the point. Whenever Biff and I here these words come from anyone's mouth, we laugh. We know what's coming.

And as an old friend said to her boss after being reprimanded for something insignificant,
"By the way…..you have lipstick on your teeth!" 

No comments: