Thursday, March 31, 2011

Really? You've Got To Be Kidding.

Wednesday Woes. "Precipitation" is what my mobile "The Weather Channel" has in our hourly weather prediction for the day. I remind myself...we do live in New England.

The good news is,,,,despite the challenge of getting Grace and T.J. up and out the door, we've done it! Team work? Kind of. At least AFTER the part where I was able to get them to stand up. Once they're standing, it's all down hill from there. Unless they miss the bus.

Unlike the bus drivers of previous years, this woman waits for no one. We have always lived a life of well timed bus routines. Like clockwork..the bus...and us. On the rare occasion, we were running a minute behind, the bus driver would sit for a moment...in case. But no more. Running out the door...arms flailing, running, doing a sprint, the long jump, even screaming or summer salts...the conscientious driver glides by. Bye bye, that is.

Today, they made it without gymnastic pole vaulting. Phew. I was sure to be the scapegoat if we were one topsider short of catching the bus driver on a mission. Biff was already off on "vacation" as he merrily drove off toward the morning sunrise, whistling while he worked....ALONE in the car with his XM Radio, I had Grace and T.J. critiqueing my warnings. "WHAT? 2 MINUTES, you're supposed to give us more notice than that!.....Are you kidding me? 2 minutes?" T.J. spouted as he gathered his backpack and lunch while simultaneously pushing on his sneakers. Grace scrambled alongside...agreeing with her brother that I had failed them.

Oh well, at least our dueling teenagers could agree on something! As I review our children's cohesive manner in which they found fault with my meager attempts at warnings, it warmed my heart to have them in agreement. As T.J. said earlier, "Are you kidding me?" I'm happy to see them agree on anything these days!

No comments: