Monday, March 7, 2011

Sewing Machine

Mine? How can I tell. Paint. Our bedroom shade. Sapphire 4. Laura Ashley. How did bedroom paint get on the sewing machine? Oh never mind. That's not important. What is important is that I got the sewing machine out. To use. Stop laughing. Really. Wait til you see what I can do. Just wait. It has to be done soon. The machine is on the coffee table in the family room. It took me one hour to make a bobbin. After trying to get the paint off the relatively new sewing machine. Oops. Big job. I threaded the needle too. Another hour. I'm hopeful. Very hopeful. I'm motivated. Very motivated. To create. A pillow. Maybe a duvet for Grace. I'll start with the pillow. Actually, I have started. I turned it on. It moved. The pedal revs the engine. Thrilling. I have needles. Pins. Ha. Pins and needles. Even a little tomato pin cushion! Extra bobbins. Extra thread. No patterns. Why would that surprise anyone? Wish me luck!

No comments: