Saturday, April 9, 2011

ReLAX!

It's great to be back on the sidelines again. Seeing the kids playing a sport they love is a joy! My challenge is cheering without ruining T.J.'s life In my own enthusiastic way, I scream for the team in Tourette like outbursts. The other parents empathize as I blurt out names and numbers and the color, team name and school...all in a desperate attempt not to embarrass my son or worse.....ruin his life. After all it IS a possibility. One burst too many from mom might just make a. difference in his high school social status. That IS rather incredible pressure...after all I'm just one mom...standing amongst other moms with the same cheering instructions from their children, "Pleeeeeeeeeease DON'T!" Really? Oh wait...they're teenagers. We cheer anyway.

No comments: