Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh my goodness....this has been a crazy winter. I love it! We have had so many snow days and early dismissals and 90 minute delays, I'm hoping our children will be out of school by 4th of July!






More snow to come.....in the early morning hours! Grace and T.J. have not had a full week of school since before Christmas vacation. Crazy. Yet, I love it.



Again, I will say this......I love winter and snow and snow days.....as long as I don't have to go to work and wear pantyhose! That's that. If women's rights and all of that I am woman hear me roar stuff were truly serious, they would toss pantyhose out the window. A friend of mine from my Brooks Brothers days used to say that if we were at war with another country, we should just have their soldiers have to wear pantyhose for a day......we could end war.

Lots to say. Lots to do. Lots to think about.



Yet, lately, I have felt sad about my blog. My writing is not as frequent. I love to write. I have so much to tell. Still, it is just for me.....but then, it's not. It happens. I write. I write. I write. It's hard to have so much to say and so little time to sit down at the computer. Especially, when the computer has died. Yes...died. A few weeks ago.

I love to tell stories about the stuff that happens in life....how I see it. Thankfully, I have friends who share my sense of humor. I get feedback. I makes me happy to share and know that others understand or share some of my quirky perspective.

Not here. Nope. No comments. No growing followers. I don't even know if there are readers! Still, I waste my time thinking of whether or not to stop. Then, I stop...and think....this is MINE. I have been doing this since October 2009. That's a long time for me. I was more religious for the first year. THen I had computer issues. Camera issues. Phone issues. Camera issues again. Computer issues again. Phone issues again. And I go on and on and on.

Still, I wonder. Then...I think. It's fun for me. Sometimes it feels like pressure when I have some techo troubles. Or life pressures. It's hard to do everything and feel like it'sbeing done well. But then, I remind myself about what I say to our kids.....Just do your best. You don't have to be THE best but you can always give it your best. Perfect is impossible. Perfect is really no fun.




So, I write. Even if no one reads. Even if friends don't read. Even if some of my own family members don't check it out. Really. It's o.k. I like to write. I always have.

No comments: