Monday, May 16, 2011

More Laundry

just when I thought I was safe.after 7,658 loads of laundry today...in between taking out 214 bags of trash for the garbage collector, scrubbing bathrooms and attempting to look like a glamorous, put together stylin' wife/mom and dog walker (glamormama)....I heard footsteps coming downstairs long after our Good night and God Bless You's were through...maybe 10:30p.m.? It was T.J. He called, mid-staircase, "Mom, did my khakis get washed? I have to wear them tomorrow."

O.k. Practically the only thing unwashed? The khakis. I probably didn't need to tell you that...if you're a mom!

A Yogi Berra Monday...it ain't over til it's over and it's not over yet! I'm going to bed. It's after midnight. I put the khakis in tbe wash. First, I moved the load in the washer to the dryer. I poured in my Tide with bleach and closed the lid. I pushed the power button and went on my way.

About an hour later, I went to switch the laundry to the dryer.......Horror! Ahhh thr agony! Apparently, in my enthusiastic attempt to do yet another load of laundry, I must have skipped off after pushing "power" but not the "start" button. The khakisare on spin cycle and I'm on fluff...my pillow, that is. I'll have to switch the khakis to the dryer in the morning....when I wake up...if I wake up...in time to put the pants in the dryer..and remember to push the start button..or maybe I should just do the switch now???

What's a mother to do?




..

Me. Now. Tonight. Or Is It Tomorrow Already?

"Mom? My khakis?"......the first words I'll hear in the morning. Yawn. Zzzzzzz.

No comments: