Wednesday, September 1, 2010


This is a great motivator....this is on the fridge and it makes me think.  Some days, it seems as if I missed the boat on that wonder woman career.  sure, I've had some awesome experience at the finest companies.  I've worked very hard and had some great responsibilities and fabulous experiences. I've also worked for some great people who made a difference in my life.


Some of those experiences were very exciting and empowering. It's nice to know. yet, I never had any giant achievements.  Nothing BIG.  I think in the 80's, woman believed we could conquer the world.  We could be anything!  I just didn't know how.  I also had New York City which may have distracted me and created it's own challenges....I loved it and wanted to experience all of it! .


Being married and having children is greater than I ever could have believed or imagined!  Now, that's my career.  That's been my career for the last 17 years.  Their are good days and there are not so successful days...real or perceived.  Everyday, since having children, is important. Everyday i can make a difference.  Everyday i can try to make it my best.  Some days are more challenging than others.

Those are some of the days that i'm hardest on myself.  Those are the days when I question how good a mother I really am. I'm a harsh critic.  With babies, then toddlers and small kids, young kids....it seems so hard...until we get to this teen stuff.  We want our teens to know how to make goo choices and we have to
let them figure it out on their own with what we've taught them or shown them by example....that's the tricky part.


It seems that there are notonly helicopter parents who hover and try to do some of that work for the teen/young grown up and now, i have just heard that their are velcro parents!  That's wild!  Again, I commend Mrs. T at Montessori for shutting that door to the classroom or maybe I would be sitting at lunch in the high school right now!

E-bay came at the perfect time for me.  I have more time to do the work, I want to contribute, I want to do something I love, the kids are old enough to understand it and learn from it, Biff is very enthusiastic about it and best of all..... I work my own hours!

believe it or not....that fridge magnet is all I need to keep pushing ahead!  In my mom life and my own store on e-bay!  Oh! Biff's enthusiasm and support make a difference too.  Really.  At first, he thought it was just a passing interest.  Now, he can appreciate my experience and know how and enjoymen and contribution!  It's never too late to be what you might have been. o.k. it's not that big, but it's just the right big an I have the chance to make it as big as I want!

No comments: